Address


Utah address: 2974 W. 1130 N., Provo, UT 84601
Colorado address: 9622 Montclair Drive, Highlands Ranch, CO 80126

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Loss - Kevin Myles Hansen (Sep 6, 1980 - Feb 1, 2011

Driving back from Las Vegas we got a call from Jeff. He said he had a message from Kyle (Kevin's brother) that Kevin had died. I immediately called my brother Don and he confirmed it. He was asleep on the patio and never woke up. I'm pretty sure it was an overdose, but we're still waiting for the toxicology report.

In 2005, Kevin was attending the MMI school and working on Motorcycles. He LOVED motorcycles. He was three weeks away from graduating when he was T-boned by a truck while riding his motorcycle. He should have lost his legs, but fought for years and 28 surgeries to keep them. He finally sucommbed to an amputation of his left foot this last year. He opted for a black foot. It reminded me of the movie "Mr. Deeds" because Deeds had a black foot so I asked him if I could call him Deedsey?

He was making great strides in getting his life back, was going to go back to school... moving forward.

He had an appointment that morning for a prosthetic. Don tried and tried to wake him but he just kept snoring away. He'd been having a hard time sleeping so Don thought he would just let him sleep. When he checked again, he was gone.

I will miss his hugs and his smiles.

No comments: