Address


Utah address: 2974 W. 1130 N., Provo, UT 84601
Colorado address: 9622 Montclair Drive, Highlands Ranch, CO 80126

Thursday, May 5, 2011

New Orleans, Louisiana

We've had such a crazy schedule these past few weeks! Fortunately we HAD to go to New Orleans for Scott's work. Gave me some down time even though Scott had to be in meetings all day and attend dinners and receptions every night. Our first night there we went to dinner at a place called the Palm Court. It was highly recommended by the Concierge and after waiting forever to be waited on and get food I was seriously ready to go tell her not to recommend it to anyone else. THEN the band started to play and it made up for EVERYTHING! They were outstanding!!! We sat there for another hour just listening to their wonderful New Orleans Jazz! I don't think I've ever heard a clarinet played like that in a live band. What a great experience and introduction to New Orleans it was for us!

The next day I walked around and hit the French Market with Donna Lyons from Kentucky. We had a great time in Jackson Square looking at the Cathedral, the lame Museum exhibit, the great street performers and a fun lunch at the Stanley!


Donna Lyons - "don't take my picture!"

On Sunday we rented a car and drove about an hour from New Orleans down to Houma, Louisiana which was Stacy's first area that she served in. She is currently serving in Lafayette but we didn't dare go up there to spy on her for fear we would make the 2 months she has left too hard to bear! We arranged to meet Janice Worthy, Stacy had us become friends on Facebook, at church and we stayed through the block. We were invited to come over for lunch by Sarah and Mike Voisin. They have the missionaries over regularly and were so sweet to invite us. We loved meeting their family and enjoyed the beans and rice cooked by Jason, their son-in-law! Then we talked about their experiences with Hurricane Katrina and Gustave, the oil spill, baptisms, conversions, etc. Then Sarah sang and I played the piano for her. We had to leave and get back for a reception. I couldn't believe how fast the time went by. 


On Monday I was included to go see Oak Valley Plantation with Crissy Cheney and Debbie Dawson. John (from Baton Rouge) was our tour guide. He runs one of the credit unions there and was sweet enough to come pick us up and drive us around! Grabbed a mint julep (mine was virgin of course) and enjoyed the tour of the grounds and the mansion. Enjoyed lunch there too!

They estimate the trees to be about 300 years old. I took this picture from the top of the levy next to the Mississippi River.

No comments: