Address


Utah address: 2974 W. 1130 N., Provo, UT 84601
Colorado address: 9622 Montclair Drive, Highlands Ranch, CO 80126

Saturday, December 6, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STACY!!!


On December 5, 1988 our family went searching for the perfect Christmas tree. Yes, I was extremely pregnant. I had played a piano solo in church the day before and a friend made the comment "I thought you were going to drop the baby right there!" After we got home from tree shopping Scott suggested I go to bed but we had the brilliant idea that I should try the Castor Oil cure for going into Labor so he ran over to the store to get some. This was my first time trying Castor Oil and it's really nasty stuff!!! I only took 1 tablespoon though. 

Scott put the kids to bed and cleaned up the house a bit before coming to bed. I don't even remember if he was there when the first labor pain hit, but we figured it was about 20 minutes long. We called the doctor and then decided that we need to get to the hospital. We called my mom so she could come down and stay with the kids since they were already in bed asleep. Scott then drove like a bat out of hell to the LDS Hospital 25 minutes away!

I got in the wheelchair and up to labor and delivery and onto the bed. I think I was only there 10 minutes before the anesthesiologist came in to start the epidural. I begged to go to the bathroom and luckily she wasn't born in the toilet! I got back on the bed and when I rolled over for the doctor I had the most insane urge to push. I told them that and he said it was too late to do the epidural. I think that's when the panic set in. They checked me and she was definitely coming! I can't remember how many pushes it took but I know it wasn't many and the whole time I was clawing at Scott's sweater swearing a steady stream of SH*T over and over and over and over again! She finally slid out and I immediately started to apologize for the swearing. But when they said it was a girl, I almost didn't believe them! After having 3 boys I didn't think we could do the girl thing and I probably didn't want to get my hopes up! Scott was relieved because now we didn't have to go for another baby to try for a girl! Hahaha!  What a blessing she has been in our lives! I'll be forever grateful for her!!!






No comments: