Address


Utah address: 2974 W. 1130 N., Provo, UT 84601
Colorado address: 9622 Montclair Drive, Highlands Ranch, CO 80126

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

LOTOJA 2011 - our sixth...

September 9, 2011 we headed up earlier than normal for our stay at Sherwood Hills. Talk about paranoid! Sharing a room with these guys and knowing that we might keep them awake with my snoring! I brought ear plugs!!! Andy and Neena left early so he could pick up his registration packet. I'd booked him a massage for 7pm. It was a first for him and he enjoyed it enough he might consider doing it again! Scott and I stopped and picked up Todd and Alexa and then went to dinner before heading up. We went to bed fairly early and we were up by 5am so we could make it to the starting line with time to spare. Andy's start time was 6:37 a.m. and his number was 511. This was his first race as a Cat 3.  It was much warmer than any years previously and remained that way throughout the day.

Alex, Todd, Andy and Neena
Todd and Alexa left us at Montpelier's feed zone and headed up to Jackson Hole to hang out and have lunch. They met us at the finish line.

Scott and Bonny

Andy and Neena

Just before "King of the Mountain" going up and over into Star Valley, Wyoming.

Our uniform - red TOMS.

The last "feed zone" before heading to Teton Village.

No mad dash to the finish line this year.
There were definitely moments of "why am I doing this" and "I just want to stop and quit right here" going on. One of these years we're going to get the right food that will help keep him going.

One tired man after 206 miles of non-stop riding. Did it in 9 hours 37 minutes.
It was an amazing ride. I can't believe that we're still learning what to do and what NOT to do every year. Andy spent so much time climbing this year that he didn't spend as much time on his bike and didn't do many crits or races. I was worried about that. But with that said, he was only 11 minutes slower than last year. That's AMAZING! He's officially completed his 5 years, or 1,000 miles. Oh yeah!

Check Andy's blog for his first-hand experience! www.andyearl.blogspot.com

No comments: