Of course with the passing years, the kids aren't up at 6am anymore. We don't do the interview anymore. We didn't even do the pajamas on Christmas Eve this year. Sad how some traditions die with the age of our children. We finally woke them up at 9am because Andy and Neena were coming over for breakfast and to open presents. I think they would have slept longer if we'd let them. Andy and Neena were a little late themselves and when they got there breakfast was ready. I have almost always fixed a Blueberry and Cream Cheese French Toast topped with fresh blueberry syrup for Christmas morning (and other holidays as well). It's really just bread pudding so it's super rich and yummy. After breakfast we opened the presents! That never would have happened back in the day. Who waits till after breakfast to open presents!? Guess it comes from having older kids and no grandkids yet. Jeff and Jessie came about 4 o'clock overlapping Andy and Neena so we were all together for an hour or so.
 |
The ornaments are mostly mementos from kids
or places we've been. I love putting them on the
tree and recalling when and where they came from! |
 |
| Dave is a "good dog" and Santa brought him treats too! |
 |
Stacy had an idea to make The Proclamation for the Family
for Neena out of her wedding pictures, so I helped. |
 |
| What is it? A BACK MASSAGER!!! |
 |
| Carnage |
 |
Techie Christmas - apple TV (doesn't work with current TV),
and iPod touch (thanks to Jeff) |
 |
Andy got a fly rod and reel and fishing
jacket to add to his hobby stuff. |
 |
Andy modeling his new fishing jacket.
Looks like he should be in a magazine. |
 |
| Neena modeling her new "marshmallow coat" |
 |
I got a knife sharpener. The first thing I had to do
was sharpen all the dull knives! Now they're SO SHARP!!! (finally).
Totally not used to that and I already nicked myself! |
1 comment:
Looks like way fun. Just wait until you have grandbabies and they are up way early to open presents. :o)
Post a Comment