| ALTOS: Melanie, Jarna, Holly, Barbara, Bonny |
Back in 1998 I auditioned for the Millennium Choir directed by Lex De Azevedo, the composer behind Saturday's Warrior (which greatly influenced my teenage life in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints).
We went to Jerusalem in 1999 and in 2000 to record and perform "Gloria" and "Hallelujah" respectively. "Gloria" was about the birth of Christ, and "Hallelujah" was about the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ.
Now in 2014 Lex is finishing "Alleluia" all about the LIFE of Christ. I didn't get to be in the first recording session. When I called Holly and complained her response was "well…you moved and I didn't even think you could do it." Yes, I moved, but I would make the trek from Colorado to do this and I've been fortunate to be included in the last three recording sessions. Since Lex has to come from Brazil where he lives now, I figured coming from Colorado is nothing! I don't sing as much anymore and I don't have the voice I used to have. However, I'm so grateful to be able to do this.
![]() |
| Back row: Bonny, Holly, Sarah, Jim and Randy Front Row: Barbara, Katie, Lex and Georgia Some of the original members of the Millennium Choir |

No comments:
Post a Comment