Scott had an open house for a credit union to go to in Gillette, Wyoming. That was on a Tuesday night so I talked him into a day trip the next day to check a couple of things off of our bucket list: Devil's Tower and Mount Rushmore. We figured we could do it and drive back to Denver all in one day. It's possible, but I wouldn't recommend it. Break it up with a nights stay before driving home. It was a lot of driving in one day! That being said, I'M SO GLAD WE DID IT! Ever since the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" I've wanted to see Devil's Tower and it didn't disappoint. It's majestic! We walked about half way around it and enjoyed every aspect of it.
We then went drove to Deadwood and had lunch at the Midnight Star (from the movie Silverado), the restaurant and casino that Kevin Costner restored after he fell in love with the area during the Dances with Wolves movie. After lunch we headed to Mount Rushmore. I had been there 22 years ago but Scott had never been there. We really enjoyed the history and stories behind the building of this great monument.


No comments:
Post a Comment