When I was 10 years old (1969) my family went to Auburn Washington for Kris's wedding. I met my mother's sister when we stayed for a couple of days in Winlock with them for the first time, and she taught me to crochet, and then we drove up to Auburn where I met my father's brother's family (Uncle Orval) for the first time. We stayed with their family. We had a reunion about 2001-2002 at Wallowa Lake in Oregon and reconnected with them. These are two of his kids, my cousins. John and Kris. They live pretty close to Seattle so we met in Tacoma for lunch. When my dad was sick on his death bed, John made a trip down to visit. Their first comments to each other were: Dad "you look like your dad!" John: "you look like my dad!"
![]() |
| Did I mention that it rains A LOT in Seattle? |


No comments:
Post a Comment