Address


Utah address: 2974 W. 1130 N., Provo, UT 84601
Colorado address: 9622 Montclair Drive, Highlands Ranch, CO 80126

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Warm River - July 2013

Scott and I had to go to West Yellowstone for work so I took a day trip to Ashton, Idaho to revisit Warm River and also the cemetery and take pictures of the headstones of my mom's family.


When I was a little girl, some of my first memories were of going with my mom and her family to Warm River. It was owned by her older brother Mont and his wife Myrtle and was the site of family reunions then and now. Aunt Myrtle's birthday was July 24th so this was when we usually went. My favorite memories were playing in the pond just in front of the red cabin on the slide, searching for shells, playing with cousins, hiking, walking up to Robinson Creek for treats, etc. My other favorite memories were Aunt Myrtle's sourdough pancakes and chokecherry syrup. I remember her son Ace playing his guitar and singing song after song. And most of all I remember laughter. My mom and her nieces would laugh and laugh for hours and hours!


Probably the one and only time I remember floating the river with my older brothers and sisters was when my inner tube POPPED! Scared me half to death. I was convinced that I would be swept away and into the Snake River to never be seen again! Of course they saved me and no such thing happened.


Aunt Myrtle's family still owns the place and they still have family reunions there. I hope to go again one of these years. It holds a place dear to my heart and reminds me of my mom.


1 comment:

Scooby and Jon said...

How fun! My memory of the snake river is almost as fun: We went river rafting when I was six, and it was overcast and 50 degrees. (It was summertime, it was supposed to be warm, or so my parents claim). By the time we were done, the river guide had given me his sweatshirt and I was still shivering like crazy!